Saturday, December 12, 2009

Buttercream...

Ok I have officially decided that wilton buttercream is kinda...yuck. I don't like it very much. I just made like....3 batches of it for my Decorating Class at Michaels. One is pretty good because I played with it a lot more. Its a chocolate orange buttercream. THe orange isnt overpowering. Its just barely in the background which is pretty cool. I've eaten too much icing. It's my weakness. I LOVE icing. I expect to get fat off of it. but now I'm kind of sick to my stomach.

I wish I could give you the recipe for the chocolate orange but I just kept adding different amounts. All I can tell you is that it has about 1/2 C. cocoa powder, 2 tbsp. orange juice, 1 tsp orange zest and 2 tsp orange extract. *shrug* these are approximate additions. the icing is about a thin consistency. Perfect for icing cakes. Which was my goal. I'm making a White cake with orange curd filling and chocolate orange icing for someones birthday. Pictures will of course follow the completed piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment